Skip to main content

Andy

The Andy Griffith show is all about MayBerry and young Opie (spelling??) and Aunt Bee, I've never liked it but a few days ago it gave me something to think about. I was in the dentists office for a chipped tooth this week when the tec handed me a remote control. She said "Watch what ever you want" so the channel flipper that I am sat and continually scanned all the channels. I came across the Andy Griffith show, when I first moved to my new home 5 years ago it seemed like that's all that was on besides soaps. I have loathed it ,I thought it was a simpletons show that only really old people and very naive people watched. I had always thought the show lacked real life ness ( I know not a word but in my world it is). Maybe it was because I moved from a city that held more than a million people, maybe I was a bit of a cynic thinking this did not ever exist.I don't know but what made me stop and stare at the tv show was what I longed for. My "new" slow paced community, people actually not running you over in the parking lot, holding doors open for one another, a place that did not have home invasion's all that often, no fifth street wrecking crew or M13. In a few seconds I was very home sick not only did I miss Clipie but my way of life, and that darn show just had to remind me of it. It left me with a taste of home.

I'm ready to ditch all the bad drivers rude and ignorant people and ready to leave monument (tombstone) buying behind (I'll explain later). I have no ideal when I'll be back, hopefully with in the next 5 days.

let me know how Terri and her family are thoughts and prayers to her.
blessings
A

Comments

Debbie H said…
I was always an Andy Griffin fan. Wayne and I always joke that we have moved to Maybury, and you know, I really like it. Slowing down the pace and some common courtesy go a long way! Hope you make it home soon. Check out Terri's blog, she has updated about her mom.

Deb H

Popular posts from this blog

so much

Where Do I begin again? I. Have. No. Ideal. I'm going to hit the ground running here and just say the past few years has held a great amount of change for my husband and I. We have lived new places made new friends and started over again. We are movers and shakers I guess. Not really just doing what we can to make life feel comfortable as possible. so lets get off and running, I haven't had a scrap space for almost a year, its been well over a year since I've used a cricut but not the gypsy. The cards most fast and quick and not picture worthy. As some things stay the same I'm still into clean lines its still a timeless favorite. So much of what you will see is rockin it old school or cute and quick and a few Pintrest inspirations. I'm a girl on the run so more quick than anything. For the first time in three years I plan not to travel for a few months and that makes crafting, blogging, and everything else less complicated and room for relaxation and fun. Enjoy the…

Life

Ahh so I know no updates of late. A most lazy poster am I. I ve been not liking the current upload system for my pictures so that why I don't post often. Life is ok. We are still in Fort Worth. Traffic boggles my imagination daily I spend about an hour on the road everyday and its only 6 miles to hubby's work and back. Bright lights, big city, crappy traffic.

Do we like it? It's not the worst place we have lived. You'll find original Texans are friendly, problem is not many are around. Of course the possibility could be maybe I'm not that likable. I doubt I'll ever be able to answer that.

We have never bought a house for many reasons the main being ours in B.G. never sold. It sits after price reductions and after every real estate analysis you could think of. 30k plus under market value and yes I've had a recent estimate. The other is taxes. Taxes are about 6000 on a .25 acre lot here . so even if you buy a little house you have a horrid bill. In Arlington …

Mended

Feeling fine as frog hair! Now to get Miss Pumpkin on the mend, who has been hair ball hacking for five days. My poor girl! We'll I'm off to photograph some cards. I hope you all are well!