oh my

Well if you have been listening to the news
I have not so good news to say
unfortunately the UAW (Rod's work union)
has decided on a nation wide strike at of 10 am this morning
This means my husband has no job at the moment
and no what so ever medical benefits
be praying for us and the 73,000 other American workers

with the Corvette plant on strike the company loses
3 million a day just at this plant
It is the first nation wide strike during negations since
the late 70's (I think 78)
GM is going to loose billions a week

The workers stand to lose everything they have,
and everything they have worked for.

Pray for all of us

blessings
a

Comments

Anonymous said…
Angie, I heard about this earlier. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well as my extended family.

Hopefully, they will keep communications open and keep going to the table.

Take care,
BAK
Unfortunately the bargaining table is closed. No negations until next Monday. We just herd about 20 mins ago from our union hall.Tomorow morning Carl is to walk the picket line and fortunately Rod has other duties to be fulfilled later next week. And yes pray for everyone some people will have it much worse than us.

This is so scary Rod has never been without a job or on strike before. a
I also meant to say I'll keep you family in special prayers. I'm just so scattered brained at the moment. a
Anonymous said…
hate to hear this. I hope they get this all worked out. chelle
Anonymous said…
Hang in there A. Hopefully, the strike won't last too long. They are meeting and bargaining almost every hour, including this morning.

BAK
Anonymous said…
Yeah we got some conflicting news yesterday the local said no meeting until Monday then on the news they said they were. I'll know more here in a bit Carl just left to start his picket duty so he will call if there is any news but it's great they went back to the table.a
Anonymous said…
We have been following this news, as a former GM employee and auto enthusiast, Wayne is very on top of what is going on. I thought of you and Rod first thing, and am definitley keeping you in our prayers.

Deb H

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (