The duck rescuer

Lost post 3/13/10
Have you ever rescued ducks?

Yesterday I was scrapbooking something caught my eye. Three young men about 14/15 came down from the eastward pond and they were taking plastic dogie poo bags and just throwing them everywhere. Then they went to the middle pond in front of our apartment. One young boy started skipping rocks or so I thought at first. Every rock came close to hitting a duck that was in the pond. Well that was it I was on my feet and out to the balcony where I watched the boy throw a few more rocks. The fifth rock was large and very scary so I decided it was time to say something since his violent behavior was escalating. I asked him what he was doing and he politely ignored me so I asked him again in a voice that the entire apartment complex could hear. The kid responded back that he was throwing rocks at the ducks! He admitted what he was doing. ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

He quickly moved on (without me asking him to stop) with his hockey wearing mask friend and co-hort and headed up towards the third and fourth upper ponds. So I turned around called the apartment complex and after a short ride with maintenance I identified the kids and they were thrown off the property. One of the boys said he lived at the complex and he wasn't allowed to come back until management could speak with his parents. Why do kids feel compelled to destruct the very community and things that are beautiful?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (