Saying goodbye

Not long after I wrote that last post on Thursday my beloved cat Pumpkin passed away in my arms. It was quick, so quick I had no time to call for help or even call my husband. I am grieving her and it has also made the passing of Mom seem more deep more real because Pumpkin was a great help in the grief department. I could cry all I wanted and she would just sit and purr she didn't mind if a few tears got on her.  Nothing like your fur baby in your arms. My heart is so broken because my daily schedule revolved around her and hubby and the unconditional love for more that eighteen years. I know I could not have gotten her to a vet on time and for that I'm thankful. I didn't need to put her to sleep Im thankful for that as well and that it was so quick for her.

Now I wait on her ashes and her urn will be here tomorrow via amazon. I don't know how I'm going to put her in that little urn but at least if we move again I will be able to have her with me. I have an entire case of food I need to donate and new toys I'd not had the chance to give her, some kitty needs to enjoy them. I hope one day hubby and I will get a new pet, maybe a dog... maybe not we have an over population of hawks, owls and bald eagles out here as well as a no fence policy.

Hug your fur babies tight, realize the unconditional love they bring into your home and the playful side of life they help you experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (