Christmas solutions review




Over the next few Weeks I intend to "review" the better part of my cartridges. I hope you enjoy it.

1.The first thing that is odd about the Christmas cartridge is (as Rhonda said at the crop) it has no info booklet. And that does make it difficult if you have glasses or need them. I suggest bookmarking the info page on the cricut library site. (hint you can enlarge screen on site look at the top menu bar)
LINKhttp://www.cricut.com/res/handbooks/Christmas%20SP_GER.pdf
2.The second is more peculiar that odd. When you have inserted the cartridge and start the actually cutting process when it's done it cuts the image again making it a double cut.
3.The next is intricate cuts. I could not get textured (dcwv) paper to cut well. No I did not check my blade because it's not that old and yes i did make pressure and other adjustments to the blade its self. It ended up cutting best on smooth texture paper (American Crafts) and all the examples shown are cut on that paper.
4.It does take away the massive layering process like the Disney Princess cartridges. I can find few images that take more than four cuts and the images ends up pretty intricate.
5.I must give a shout out to Provo Craft for including a Cross: side note the "Cross" is called a star when the image pops up on the expression screen. You make your own mind up, call it what you want, this is just my view). Other than the manger scene on paper dolls and making it yourself on design studio your hard pressed to find anything relative when it comes to Christian symbols.
6.I really like the cartridge over all. All of the images are very traditional, and exactly what you would from a Christmas cartridge. It did leave me wanting more (because it was so nice) I feel like it still should be loaded down like Zooballo . You will find the left hand side bar is mostly blacked out except for shadow, blackout, paper saver, real dial size, shift, and shift lock, most all cartridges have those features so it is a bit stripped down compared to most. They call it a solutions cartridge and I still wonder why when it's so short on potential?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (