Magazines

So as usual I was surfing the scrapbook sites and ended up on 2 peas this morning. My favorite "article" was about how one lady nixed her ck magazine. I have recently ended my subscription to ck and was curious why this other pea did too. Apparently there is not a whole lotta ck love out there anymore. I got fed up with the doodling, I cant stand it ( I guess it's the toddler quality of doodling that turns me off). I was really shocked to see how many people had quit getting there ck magazines, I really thought I was just getting picky, set in my scrapbooking ways, I had know ideal that everyone else in the scrapbooking community felt that way. I really loved ck when I was a beginner scraper because it would showcase nobody's and that's exactly what I am a nobody. Was it the doodling like I think, or was it all about celebrity, or was it because there were so many adds. I would hate to see ck go under but it sounds like if they don't change there course they are going to need to raise the price or change.
And speaking of change what going on over at paper crafts? Lately it too has been missing the mark for scrappers/crafter's I think. Paper crafts is my only subscribed to magazine and I'm not feeling the love. I think maybe that scrappers are tired of ultra trendy and just want to get to the basics of it which is we are scrapping our family our memories not Jo lees Christmas line. I know those of you close to me are saying I'm not so innocent when it comes to buying tons of stuff but you half to admit when you see a page I've done most of the time it's all about the picture not all about the embellishment. SoPicture up next time you scrap!

Comments

Betty said…
Not a big fan of CK myself, for some of the same reasons you mentioned. I opt for Scrapbook Trends and Simple Scrapbooks.
Chelle said…
Hey I quit mine too, everyone the same.

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (