The rock'in Rockettes


Ok The rockettes were so much easer to get to no bad traffic and not a horrible parking spot. At least it didn't cost twenty dollars to park this time. It was at the grand ole oppry house and it wasn't real packed because they didn't use the side wings very much. What supprised me first off was the age of the crowd they were like my Mom and Dad's age. I know I saw more canes that night than ever before, and they weren't white with red stripes, they were the kind that whack you over the head when you do something wrong. We definitely were the younger age group. We scored great seats, 8th row so we were pretty close to the stage. Ok so I admit I did have some pre conceived notions as to how the show would go. Well I was wrong on most counts. It was very much what I would expect out of a Broadway play. The Rockette's didn't make there entrance until a few scenes in. It was like the musicals I used to be in in High school but this was good and it had an intermission (I think that was so cool). They had eleven acts in all. They opened the show with a great song called" We need a little Christmas". The ensemble singers danced and sang impeccably, I believe it was the best thing I have ever seen (as far as shows go). The Rockettes did what you would expect them to do a lot of tap, a lotta leg, a whole lotta fancy foot work. The whole show was a "positive" spoof of all traditional Christmas fan fair. The Nut cracker was dancing bears, so cute I have know ideal how they danced in such huge costumes but it was supper. The Rockets dressed as wooden shoulders. There pants were starched so strait that it seemed as though the fabric in the pants would crack if they moved the wrong way. They had some remarkable maneuvers and at the end of that scene they all fell like wooden solders. Other scenes featured, holiday time in new York, Santa's workshop (where the Rockettes were dressed as rag dolls) and like a double finale. The first was pretty much to the song "Carol of the bells" and the last and longest scene was the Living Nativity. They had real animals real sheep and not one not two but three real camel's! I think a donkey but I was pretty fixated with the camel's so I may have missed an animal or too. I know it was the first time I had ever seen one that close (other than the zoo). A narrator told the standard version of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, what was not standard were the elaborate costumes in this particular scene. They were elaborate and decadent, glittery and shimmer. Over all the best show I've ever been to.


I want to say hi to Dw and Barb who I ran into at Hobby Lobby on Saturday. Well I have about 12 addresses to track down this morning so I gotta get going. Blessing 2 u all A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (