do you chew?

So when was the last time you chewed a piece of gum? Has it been a while or has it been a life long habit? Are you addicted to the bubble or the chew? It's all about flavor for myself, I have a favorite brand and that I enjoy on occasion so yes I do chew gum. Like this past Friday, it was a gum chewing day. I was going out to eat (yes Clipe takes me out to eat frequently) and I had had tuna earlier in the day so for the sake of the journey I popped in a stick to eradicate the dreaded tuna breath. Everything was typical about my gum chewing experience except the end part. It tasted good, the flavor lasted all that (and yes I'm really talking about gum chewing for those of you thinking other wise). We had chose to go to Ryan's, it's a good place to eat when your not on weight watchers. We arrived there and did all the usual things like stand in line, get a table, get some sweet tea, ask for roll and maybe just maybe I may end up swallowing my gum.

Now I don't know about any of you but it's been quite a time since I've swallowed gum, in fact it's been so long I cant tell you how long it's been. The last person to swallow their gum (that I know of) was my niece Alica we were taking a tour and they did not permit gum so she swallowed it...... getting back on track here I'm sure it's been a good long while since my digestive track has been graced with the presents of the chewy substance. I had went up to the "food bar" to get my well food and no body I mean nobody was in line. So I saunter over to get a piece of salmon and I'm thinking I still have gum in my mouth! What am I going to do with it? So I push it over to the side (of my mouth) so I can concentrate on getting food not the peppermint fresh taste in my mouth when it happens..... I was bumped and just like that the gum was gone.

I'd like to think I was bumped accidental but after several bumps at the Ryan's buffet line one never knows. I was bumped so hard I had to take a deep breath of air (and gum). Oh man you know that icky feeling of swallowing gum it just does not go away soon. In fact while writing this I can still feel the icky slide of the gum. Life is full of gum swallowing experiences, (it was fun when we were kids) but now that I've put a few years on it's not as fun as it once was. It's apparent that old age has taken the thrill out things like gum chewing and they have been replaced with new thrills, like the pop of a champagne cork or the sound of sweet tea pouring in a glass, you expect good things to follow. Your never ready for the gum gulp and the only thing to ease the experience is knowing that you've done it before and survived. Yep grown up life is all about how to avoid the gum gulps and knowing when not to swallow but when to spit.

a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (