Garage sale and more

What a weekend I have had I"m tired achy, have a few more green backs in my pocket, a bit sunburn and thinking about everything.



Of course garage sales are not my favorite. Its hard working (maybe that's why I don't like it?)going through everything you own and letting part of it go, not to mention all the dust bunny and strange and funky things you encounter while you are doing it. And of course all the cleaning involved ugh I'm tired for all that not just the garage sale it's self, we had been going through things for days (mostly in the late evening) and it involved the attic, and lots of showers from the itchy dusty state of an unfinished area of the house. On Saturday we had very little sleep and had to be up early 6:15 (ouch) and we wanted to have things rolling before 7 am no problem when you went to bed at 1:15 am right? Before he could put up all the signs I had a full scaled garage sale on my hands and only half of it out of my garage and all before 7 am. Oh and I must take a moment to clarify Yard sale and Garage sale same thing up north they have tag sales or garage sales never yard sales. Any who getting back I was bombarded with hagglers and garage sale queens (older Lady's who are looking for a bargain) before you could say ready set go. Now seeing that most of you who read my blog know me on a personal level so y'all know I'm not a good liar and that would include haggler. In my opinion some garage sale just for the haggle and it is also my opinion that these hagglers can spot a non haggler a mile away so I was the official haggler target of the day. We had quite a few who really loved the game of the haggle but I found after three rounds or so people would stop with the haggle and I also found that being very firm in tone as well as posture was an important part of that negotiation. By nine I had caught on and was haggling with the best of them, by nine our crowded had died down a bit so I got to go pee then. AT ten we had an all out 20 min lul and at 1:30 we packed up what little was left in about 10 minutes and it was over.



So was it worth it?



well we did make over 100 and in the past we usually didn't so money wise yes

and we had hoards of people this time only two luls in garage sale traffic so yes this one time it was OK.


Theft; yes we had some one steal at our garage sale it was a 50. cent ring in a jewelry box. IT was cheep junk jewelry but for 50 cents you need to steal? If they wanted it that bad I would have gave it to them but other than the ring theft nothing else was bothered.


We also took precautions with money I kept the ones and change and Rod kept anything larger. If you want a big bill you gotta talk to the big guy I said several times. Back home it was a pretty scary thing several in my home town had been burglarized/robbed during a garage sale and several after so I approached the sale in a cautious manor due to my Yankee city knowledge.



We are staying home form church today, resting planting chrysanthemum's and rosemary and waiting for a tentative agreement to be reached for Rods work (73,000 other people in America are waiting as well and four times that amount in retirees are waiting as well for good news) The report is that they almost have an agreement just a few things to hammer out so be praying for us and our negotiators cause they still have a bit of ground to cover.

hope you all are having a great weekend
blessings a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (