where were you?

I did this remembrance page quite a while ago in honor of this day
I was asleep and my mom called to wake me up and tell me. I turned on the tv in my bedroom and watched what had happened. I hung up the phone with my mom and called Rod he was at work unaware to what was going on he was the first in his department/ work area to know.
a while later I called my best friend Junita and checked on her and her grand kids then I called my sister and we arranged for my mom to go pick up my nice Alicia, Bethany was in collage at OSU the time so she would drive herself home. I called my work to ask if we were still open and we were so I got ready to go in. On my way to work a plane passed over (I had my sunroof open it was one of those blue sky puffy cloud days we get in Ohio it was a beautiful day) I was thinking about the rogue planes (little did I know that one rogue plane was so close to my home). All the teachers were quite and we had taken turns letting teachers go watch a few minutes of tv one at a time it was lunch/nap time so it was pretty hectic. It stared happening about 2:00 a slow trickle at first but Mothers and Fathers poured into the center to take home there children the phone was ringing off the hook. My boss Janette just sat in her office and answered parents questions like "I want to pick up Sam's older brother before I pick him up today cause he is at school". I remember one mother in particular she was a very busy mom always in a rush but that day she came to get her two boys and when she saw her oldest she dropped to her knees hugging her son who really wasn't sure why his mom was hugging him like that but had the good since to let her. She stopped to talk a few and told me her husband knew this Osoma he was in Lebanon (yes the real Lebanon I still cant not say Mt Lebanon road in my head)when Osoma bombed our troops there. She probably told me more than she should have but I learnt a lot in that quick conversation before it was all on the news. By four o'clock all but a hand full of students were left (6 I think) my boss went and got her youngest who was in school and made two teacher stay on duty until all students were gone. Teachers gladly went home early to be with there family's and glue themselves to cnn including my self.
I never knew about terrorist until that day, I never knew that something that bad could happen. It changed me I was scared unsure of what to do a just like everyone else i sat on the couch that night in Rod's arms thanking God that he had spared my family and hearing Congress or Senate (I cant remember which) sing God bless America.

I make an effort every September 11 to go out of the house into public. I will not cower to the terror that was/is wanted because I'm going to live. I survived the fear that day I'm not going to let anyone keep me from living my life. And if it would happen again I will do the same continue to live and if I die I will go to Heaven and do heavenly things there but I will not be afraid. I will remember but not fear.

God Bless America
by Irving Berlin in 1918 and usually sung by Kate Smith

God Bless America.
Land that I love
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies ,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America
My home sweet home."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (