my favorite movie

Is probably You've Got Mail
(I say that because it my favorite movie made in the past 20 years)
my favorite line
something about loving fall in new york and a bouquet of sharpened pencils
(which smell like school to me)
i remember that smell, I remember that the pencil led made my hands dirty and I hated being dirty. I also remember discovering the plastic pencils that have the led in them that you rotate when you use the led up and those did not make you as messy. Not to log ago on my birthday my best buddy gave me one of those pencils and I was so happy to have it. It made memories come rushing back of being a young girl and all the struggles that go with it. Every year about this time I think back to my childhood and have those school flash backs, and older generation would call it reminiscing, I think my generation just like all others and say I remember when. Wow I'm to the point in my life when I'm saying 20 years ago....... ugh I'm doing what my mom did when I was young. Life like like history repeats its self but memories don't they belong to each individual. And sharing them with anyone is our pleasure back into a more simple time and place where sharpened pencils existed.
Of course the cynic in me wants to ask do they still use #2 anymore? or have they been outlawed like the red marking pen?

Comments

Anonymous said…
# 2 are still a requirement. chelle
my fave movie might be pretty women or dirty dancing. not sure which. chelle
Anonymous said…
I don't have to figure out my favorite movie. It is definitely Dirty Dancing. I have worn out 2 VHS tapes and now working on a DVD.
djw
Anonymous said…
I
had
the time of my life


and I owe it all to you

Ok I'll be singing that all night long

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (