ramblings

You know your no longer young when they release Oscar nominations and you only know three of the total nominees. To top that off they are all of the older set like Tommy Lee Jones, Johnny Depp who is not old, but not young either, and an old lady who's name you cant remember at the moment. When is it that you become older? Is it the moment you quit going to the movies? Or is it the moment when you watch tv have a buagillion channels to choose from and find yourself watching re runs of your favorite child hood show like The Fresh Prince of Bell Air, just joking irl it's Silvers Spoons. When was the last time I went to a movie ? Please don't snicker it was to see the Princess Diary's 2, yep no lie. And before that ? It was the second Star Wars in the prequel series. I do know that since Christmas we have been trying to go see National Treasure 2 but still have not made the total effort to get to the theatre. If we don't I'll probably get another chance when they release the official "Stargate move" (do you see a si fi pattern developing? Guess who picks the movies?) is launched this fall.

I hope you all are safe and sound after our "weather event" last night. I know it was sleeting here at the house, I woke up about 2:30 am to the familiar ping of sleet hitting our bedroom window.

blessings
a

Comments

Anonymous said…
We saw I am Legend recently, and I saw Harry Potter in the theater but other than that couldn't tell you the last movie I saw in the theater either. chelle
Debbie H said…
I am old, but I am not sure when it hit me, it just happened! Not REAL old, but you know, when you watch TV and complain about "shows these days", stuff like that.

Hardly ever go to the movies. Since we moved here 2 1/2 years ago I have seen Nancy Drew and Ratatoulie, and something for Jeanette's birthday in 2006, a kid's flick. I think that was it.

Deb H
Betty said…
I think the last movie I saw was Harry Potter in the theatre and not the most recently released one, but the one before......

Not interested in any of the awards shows since the strike, don't really care who gets what...

I've been enjoying TV Land quite a bit lately...Lucy, Andy Griffith and Sanford & Son.

I don't believe we got anything as far as sleet, etc., at my place. I think it rained some but that's about it. Looks like the white stuff missed BG again.......

Oh and if anyone is interested, gas in Franklin, KY this morning was $2.73. I did notice the Big K went up to $2.99 overnite.....
Anonymous said…
We remained safe thru all the weather stuff and all my staff made it to work today. But, the person that was killed in the wreck this morning was a nurse at the hospital. She was on her way to work. So, it has been a very tramatic day for all of us. djw
Betty said…
DW - that is terrible news. I hadn't heard anything about an accident today. I know I heard sirens several times today early this morning and this evening - but had no idea someone was killed.
So sorry to hear this.....

I'm also saddened to hear about Heath Ledger - way to young......
I loved him in the movie "A Knight's Tale"

Take care everyone!
Debbie H said…
Oh Deb, I am so sorry to hear about the accident, I didn't know. That's just tragic, I'll keep her and her family in my prayers. Very sad news.
Anonymous said…
Ditto on Heath Ledger - I loved "10 Things I Hate About You".

Deb - so sorry to hear about the accident.

Movies - I went to Book of Secrets on Christmas Day with my whole family and half of Glasgow!! Other than that - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (and, yes, I am a geek too!)

Michelle H

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (