Queen

Last night in my effort to stalk up the freezer with microwavable dinners I picked up the movie Queen. As in British Queen Elizabeth. It's all about and her family when (princess) Diana died. Let me just say that you must be a Diana fan to like the movie to start with, but Its one of the few I have wanted to re watch as soon as it was over. It's all dialog and all about the Queen and Tony Blair (I like him more after seeing the movie) and I like the royals quite a bit less after seeing the movie. The move begs me to ask a few questions
1 Can wealth and privilege really cause you to disassociate with your people, Can you really be put on such a high pedestal that it's hard to see the floor?
2 Why would someone mourn a family member like that? They took these boys deer hunting and she wasn't even cold yet!
3 Compassion where was it? As being a Christian where was her compassion?
4 It makes Americans look like golden retrievers, and gladly so, I would much rather be viewed as loyal as royal wouldn't you?
and last my conclusion

Diana could have never been a true part of there family. They did not understand her she was the golden retriever of that family only that she was living with lions not dogs (with a lioness at the head of the family). Who would think that you could confuse compassion and being able to show love towards other humans could be misconstrued by her royal family as impropriety and immoral behavior? Diana only wanted to be loved and to love others, it's clear that she wanted to be loved, after all why would she go so far as to look for it?

my royal rant
A

Comments

Debbie H said…
OK, you have intrigued me. I might have to buy this movie and check it out. Sounds interesting.

I miss everyone. My life has been very stressful, and my folks will be here tomorrow for a looong weekend and I am in the middle of a huge computer upgrade at work. Too much to juggle. I just want to scrapbook, is that asking too much??
Anonymous said…
I hate to let my friends down, but I will not be scrapbooking any time in the near future. My personal life has gotten the best of me and at this time I will have to pass on the upcoming dates. I might make it to the last ones in May but don't count on me. see you guys around. chelle
Anonymous said…
save your money I'll be home soon you can borow the movie.
sorry about the stress, when ever I leave or have people in I feel like donna reed takes my mind over.

angie
Anonymous said…
I will not be able to scrapbook this weekend (April 28th) due to a wedding that I have been volunteered to take pictures for. FUN FUN (NOT!!!) I am planning to be at the others unless something happens. Wait til we tell you all about our Gatlinburg adventure with the snake. It is hilarious now but was not at the time!!!
See ya soon.
djw
Anonymous said…
I've cancelled the April 28, crop. See you in May.

Betty

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (