I'd rather be....

doing almost anything but having trouble with my asama. Yes the past two weeks have bee not good and I'm tired of feeling short of breath every time I walk in my own home. Yes I'm ready for summer to be over so I can breath. Most all summers end this way for me, at lest since I was about 17. I don't even have enough air to sweat to the oldies with Richard Simmons so this heat and humidity sucks. Yes I'm fine, just house bound and ready to go crazy from it.

On another less whinier note I'm eating a blueberry bagel with pineapple flavored cream cheese and I'm thinking I should share my knowledge of this cause it's so good. It's a departure from my shredded wheat standard of late. And speaking of great I bought a Goose berry patch cook book at Cracker barrel last week " One pot meals" I mad the beans and weenies and man it was good I just did not add the molasses cause I'm not a molasses girl but here is the recipe and it's good
1 pack of hot dogs
3 16 0z cans of beans (i love bush's beans)
1 small onion chopped fine
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/4 molasses and
2 t mustard
combine and cook in crock pot at least 3 to 4 hrs
don't chop up all you hot dogs they taste better un cut trust me

Like all things I must say did ya know these girls (who started goose berry patch) are from Ohio? yep I could not resist giving the old home state a shout out.

On another great I have just read a great (romance type paperback) book. It's pretty decent all the way around "Summer by the Sea" by Susan Wiggs. I've read a few books in my time and I think it's a heart warming story about Alex (a city boy) and Rosa (a beach girl) who just about grow up together (summers only) and well you read it then maybe you can figure out what happens ; )

That's it for now I'm off in search of a poem for a special page
a

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have several Susan Wiggs books table for five is good and so are all of her stories aobut the lake although right now I can't think what any of them are called. The are not a seris just have same characters. chelle
Anonymous said…
there is great stuff on qvc....Marketta's famous flower punch is on there too. chelle
Anonymous said…
Markeeta's flower punch is on QVC?? I have had it on in the background but didn't see it. I have to call her again, adhesive is in, I'll mention it to her if I get her on the phone. For those of you who ordered Xyron refills, I'll bring it to the next crop unless you need it before that.

Deb H

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (