a tribute to Joe


a tribute to Joe.....

I'm not sure when I met Joe and his wife Kathleen but it has most certainly been a while ago probably to the tune of about more than 15 years ago. Joe is my sister-in-law (Janet's) father, she is married to Clipie's oldest brother Rick. I don't remember the first time I met them but I do remember the last time I spent time with them. In July we went to Atlanta to their grandson's wedding and we shared a dinner table as well as one of the last dances of the night. Clipie and I and he and Katleen were the only couples dancing to the tune of Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.

Joe was always quick to remember me by name and greet me with a hug and kiss, even though we are not that related, I was always treated with lots of love and as a member of the family. He was always smiling and ready to tell a joke. He was the A typical "Dad like" figure. My memory is so odd sometimes, I can remember giving him our typical hug and kiss when they left the reception that night, but yet I don't remember telling other family members (who were at the wedding) good night. So here's to Joe, to his memory, to his great outgoing personality, he will be missed.

Remembering moments like these is why I scrapbook.
blessings
A

Comments

Betty said…
Wonderful tribute to Joe!!
Anonymous said…
Yes, it is a wonderful tribute. You could just copy/ paste what you wrote and use it for journaling on a page dedicated to him, that would be very nice.

Deb H

Popular posts from this blog

weekend life

: (